We are always looking to grow our base of volunteers, so
what ever you skills, then please get in contact. In addition we also have specific roles we would also like to fill:
Volunteer Cafe Manager:
Hours: 22 Hours per week split 11
hours through a Wednesday and Thursday or as a job share.
Initially this is a voluntary role but our aspiration is
that this becomes a paid position with in House of Bread.
- Manage all aspects of the catering need for the Cafe at 43 Browning Street including the
- Where possible use the of the food bank as a resource to minimise spending and control costs.
- Seek bargain purchases that can be kept in the HoB freezers in order to maximise costs.
- Utilise surplus food contacts for catering offering.
- Overall responsibility for Food Hygiene Saftey at House of Bread to include:
- Level 2 food Hygiene as minimum
- Level 3 to be attained within one year (if not qualified)
- Work with EHO at SBC Environmental Health Deppartment.
- Supervise all FSMS paperwork ensuring it is always up to date on a daily baises, working with Catering Manager
- Training Development of Catering team to include:
- Review and progress volunteer catering team skills.
- Bring more volunteers to catering support level
- Organising food collection as follows:
- KFC surplus chicken collection
- Nandos surplus chicken collection
- Various Co-Op collection
- Ad hoc food collection from collection points around town including Tesco, Asda and churches.
- Liase with Lisa Pryce General Manager before each week including:
- Menu Options for publishing on social networks
- Cooking team volunteer promotion
- Work with Will Morris, Director covering the following:
- Any issues relating ro resources
- Any support that is required at any level
- Income generating ideas.
- Daily operational line management Lisa Pryce
- Overall management Will Morris
HoB Caseworker: House of Bread are looking for a volunteer general caseworkers to help support our "friends" who attend HoB thoughout the week.
We are looking for people who have compassion for others and are able to
support and encourage. It is about quality not quanitiy! Full training will be provided.
General casework is an increasing a valuable part of the expanding work of
House of Bread.
For more information and an informal chat call Will Morris Director of
House of Bread on 07720850720
Ebay Volunteer Manager:
- Sorting donations at the HoB unit ready for sale on
- Photograhing suitable Ebay item
- Putting photraphed items on Ebay with relevant description and appropriate
- Despatching Sold Items
- Manage relaunch of HoB Ebay site
- Monitor Ebay sales
- Any additional duties when required
Hours are flexible
For more infomation call Will on 07720850720
Delivery and Collection volunteer: We are looking for people with their own transport who could commit to helping with our collections and deliveries e.g picking
up from food collection points and droping off at the Food Bank on Beaconside. Hours can be flexible to suit you.
Please find below two Job Oppurtunties to work with House of Bread......